7 nights with hiking fun for the whole family
Finally time for the bad weather programme at Kristberg
"Now I can finally take advantage of the offers and services at Panoramagasthof Kristberg".
Rain is vital for nature, animals and for us humans. The water of the rain brings us vitality, fresh, clean air, ... On holiday at the wonderful Kristberg you have many possibilities for a rainy day. What can you do on the Kristberg?
The miners' chapel of St. Agatha is the oldest church in the Montafon and owes its existence to mining. Other witnesses of this time are the "Unglücksstollen", which can still be clearly seen in the church, and the Bruderhüsli in the Dalaas forest. The Montafon-Klostertal mining area was once the largest in the entire province of Vorarlberg. Adolf will be happy to tell you more about it.
Relaxing with healing massages
Karin, our state-certified medical masseuse, will be happy to pamper you with relaxing healing massages (classical, foot reflexology, connective tissue, lymphatic drainage or hot stone massage) or a Reiki treatment.
Enjoy the sunset in the Alps
Traumhafte Alpenpanoramen im Panoramagasthof Kristberg
Benefit from the effects of the infrared sweat cabin
The infrared sweat cabin offers space for a maximum of 4 people and can be used for several different treatments (active sauna session, stress relief, intensive skin care, more vital life, colour therapy, ...). Please understand that we can only offer you this "free" service if you make an appointment in advance. We are also happy to provide you with our Kristberg bathrobes.
Finally time to read
When was the last time you really took the time to read an interesting book? You can find some interesting books in the bookcase on the 2nd floor.
Rain Hikes: Relaxing in the clean air
Hiking and walking in the rain is particularly healthy, as there is no purer air (free of dust, pollen, ...) at any other time. This is a true relaxation especially for allergy sufferers and sensitive people. Our yellow "Kristberg umbrellas" are ready for you in front of the entrance and in the restaurant.
Playroom for the children in the Kristberg Panoramagasthof
Our "playroom" is located behind the Muttstöbli. There is a table tennis table and a table football table. Table tennis balls and rackets as well as coins (50 cent pieces) for the table football game are available at the reception. In the Muttstöbli there are also some DVDs and online films, which can also be enjoyed in (small) cinema format via our projector. When was the last time you played? If you fancy a game of “Don't get angry”, a game of cards, a game of chess, kniffle, and much more.
Do you have a phobia (fear of heights, ...)? Do you want to get rid of a bad habit (smoking, biting your nails, eating habits, ...)? Then we can most likely help you.
Discover hidden places during your holiday in Kristberg.
Experience wonderful moments despite rain
What else is there to do?
- Activity park in Schruns-Tschagguns? In Vorarlberg's largest indoor and outdoor sports and leisure park, everyone will find exactly what they're looking for: because everyone has something they particularly enjoy.
- Indoor golf? With the modern golf simulator in the Hotel Bergkristall in Silbertal, you can now play golf even in rainy weather.
- The Montafon Mining Museum is located in the Silbertal Municipal Office and presents the history of mining in the Montafon up to the present day. The focus is on a show gallery with a mine shunt, miner's documents, historical photos, traditional tools and numerous ores.
- VAL Blue? adventure pool Bathing fun for the whole family: 1,900 m2 of bathing and leisure fun, 420 m2 of water surface, 1,000 m2 relaxation zone with winter garden and experience gastronomy. For all sauna lovers, the 490 m2 sauna landscape with five saunas, sauna biotope, two relaxation rooms, sauna meeting point with internet access and TV, sauna lobby with heated relaxation bench and Kneipp basin offer ideal conditions.
- Museum of local history in Schruns? The local history museum in Schruns offers a very good overview of the cultural history of the Montafon. From the Montafon traditional costumes to a classroom, there is plenty of variety. There is also a tourism museum in Gaschurn and a technology museum in Partenen.
- Excursion to Feldkirch? In addition to its beautiful old town, Feldkirch offers the possibility of a visit to the Schattenburg (old castle with castle museum) or to the Vorarlberg Game Park, where you can experience alpine animals such as wild boars, ibexes, roe deer, chamois, wolves, eagles, ... up close and in real life.
- Shopping? A shopping spree in the pedestrian zone in Schruns, in the Outlet Center Wilhelmer in Vandans, in the Zimbapark or the pedestrian zone in Bludenz also offers an ideal leisure activity in rainy weather.
Advantages for Kristberg guests
So many possibilities, it's hard to choose :)! We are a member of the BergePLUS Montafon programme and you can use the entire activity programme completely "free of charge". For example, on a guided hiking or (e-)mountain bike tour, various climbing offers and family active time opportunities.
You can find more tips in the "Montafon Event Booklet" and of course also at the reception in Panoramagasthof Kristberg, directly from the pampering team. You can also make appointments and sign up for various activity programmes, as well as healing massages and much more. Send us a non-binding holiday enquiry now and enjoy a unique time at the Panoramagasthof Kristberg.